Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Full Time PositionsJob Title: Security Area Manager
Posting Date: Friday, February 6, 2015
Job Title: Security Area Manager
Closing Date: Friday, February 27, 2015
To oversee all activities relating to the physical security and protection of the assets of the company,
employees and guests. To ensure the safe operation of the parking lot traffic and the provision of
guest service by all Security Department employees.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Along with other full-time Security management, develops and oversees action plans for the
Security Department’s park security and internal security operations to mitigate the loss of
company assets through shoplifting, cash mishandling and employee theft while ensuring
compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
· Directs and/or physically participates in the enforcement of all federal, state and city laws and
ordinances on company property. Physically participates in the apprehension of individuals
(guests and employees) suspected of infractions and takes appropriate action including
apprehension, detention, ejection from park property, employee discipline, etc.
· Develops, prepares and, upon approval from the Director of Safety & Security and the Security
Manager, implements effective training programs for all Security Rangers, Loss Control employees
and Access Control employees to ensure highest levels of safety, service, courtesy, cleanliness and
· Coordinates the recruiting and interviewing of applicants for the park’s seasonal Security staff
through off-site school visits and job fairs. Participates in the selection, training, supervision and
discipline of seasonal Security Department employees.
· Oversees proper scheduling and assignment of Security personnel to ensure protection of the
company’s assets, employees and guests and to ensure safe traffic flow in the parking lots within
· Responds to calls involving possible violations of laws and/or company policy, illnesses, accidents,
etc. Investigates and takes appropriate action. Documents all such calls and any appropriate
· Communicates with other departments within the company and/or outside agencies to
coordinate special events or in cases of emergency.
· Ensures proper documentation of the Security department’s activities. Makes recommendations
for changes when appropriate.
· Develops the Security Department expense and labor budgets following guidelines from the
Director of Safety & Security and ensures compliance by monitoring department expenses and
seasonal labor levels.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
· A high school diploma or equivalent, the knowledge that is normally acquired through four years
of college resulting in a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and a minimum of one year
experience in the security/law enforcement field.
· Continued eligibility for a Kansas City, Missouri Armed Uniformed Patrol Agent commission. Must
obtain and maintain such commission.
· The ability to climb to and work at a height of 205 feet in the event of a ride shutdown or
For consideration, a qualified applicant should submit a letter of application and a current resume to
Wes Prettyman via e-mail (email@example.com) or by US mail (4545 Worlds of Fun