Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Full Time PositionsJob Title:
Manager - Communications/Public Relations
Posting Date: Monday, October 5, 2015
Closing Date: Friday, October 30, 2015
We are searching for the right individual to plan and direct public relations programs for Worlds of Fun designed to create and maintain a favorable public image, monitor and create engaging content for all park social media channels, and plan and execute special events. The essential duties this individual will perform include:
• Develop and, upon Director's approval, implement publicity campaigns throughout all available media promoting the park, special events and new attractions. Includes creating and delivering publicity material to the media, securing media coverage, arranging media interviews, and escorting media in the park.
• Create and manage content on park’s website and mobile application as well as on park’s social media channels. Seek out and stay current with emerging social media channels as they grow in popularity to determine park’s participation. Monitor discussions and comments about the park on the Internet, including social media channels and blogs and react as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with news directors, producers, reporters and other local media representatives. Act as the company spokesperson for media-related activities including television, radio, and print. Write, design and have produced park publicity materials. Coordinate video and photo shoots to maintain proper photo and video library.
• Create and host park special events and actively seek business partnerships in the best interest of the company.
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise park's Public Relations interns. Includes coaching, counseling, evaluating and, if necessary, disciplining. Ensure documentation as appropriate.
• Manage park's crisis communications in conjunction with park's Vice President & General Manager and Director of Marketing. Includes writing proactive and reactive media statements, arranging media interviews and handling public concerns in a crisis situation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic. For consideration, candidates must have the following qualifications:
• A high school diploma or the equivalent and the knowledge that is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications.
• Two or more years related experience in the theme park, hospitality, entertainment or travel industry.
• Creativity to write and design eye-catching materials and to plan and execute special events.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to learn and use a variety of software.
• The ability and willingness to enroll in various social media platforms to fulfill the administrative role for the park’s accounts.
• Ability to express a thought or idea in writing, including creative pieces, with accurate Associated Press-style punctuation and grammar.
• The interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with senior management, entry-level employees, clients and guests to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
For consideration, qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, resume and salary history to email@example.com.