Worlds of Fun is closed for the 2020 Season. See you in 2021! Learn More.
What’s Happening at Worlds of Fun This Year?
New Food, New Festival & More
2019 Worlds of Fun Storylines
- Worlds of Fun opens on Saturday, April 13 for its 46th season.
- Cotton Blossom BBQ, a brand-new 9,000 square-foot restaurant, will open as the park’s largest dining location.
- Food enhancements have been added throughout the park with a total of five new dining locations and several new menu offerings, including healthier selections.
- Just announced, Worlds of Fun will introduce Grand Carnivale, a new international festival and the largest summer event in park history.
- Notable ride anniversaries: Prowler (10yrs), Spinning Dragons (15yrs) Timber Wolf (30yrs). 4K POV video opportunities available.
- The Worlds of Fun lifeguard and aquatic team was recently recognized as a national leader in safety by receiving the Platinum International Aquatic Safety Award from Ellis & Associates Inc.
Cotton Blossom BBQ
Guests will be welcomed with a host of new dining options when Worlds of Fun opens on Saturday, April 13. Cotton Blossom BBQ, a brand-new 9,000 square-foot restaurant, will be the park’s biggest addition. Led by executive chef Wesley Boston, the culinary team has crafted a menu that features authentic Kansas City style BBQ, homemade sauces, rotisserie chicken, homestyle sides and decadent desserts.
Additionally, food enhancements will be instated throughout the park with a total of five new dining locations and several new menu options, including a selection of healthier options.
Worlds of Fun will also be introducing a new international festival to its entertainment lineup with the debut of Grand Carnivale. It will be the largest summer event in park history, featuring an elaborate parade with illuminated floats, live entertainment, crafts, music, specialty food and craft beverages. Sections of the park will transform as guests become immersed in cultures from around the world.
Grand Carnivale will be richly themed, highlighting the splendor, mystery and traditions of China, France, Germany, India and Italy. Guests can experience this all-new event from July 13 through August 4 with the nightly Spectacle of Color parade starting at 8:00 p.m.