You may be asking yourself if Worlds of Fun is appropriate for guests with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or whether your loved one on the spectrum will be able to handle the theme park experience. Worlds of Fun has taken steps to be well-prepared to welcome and provide accommodations for all types of people, including autism and related disorders. To continue to provide equal access for all guests, be aware that all guests with mobility impairments or ASD will now receive a Ride Boarding Pass with wait times. Please review the Boarding Pass Program for more details.
As you know, advance planning is a requirement for a successful theme park visit with a person with ASD. Your visit to Worlds of Fun will include a plethora of sensory stimulations including crowds, dark and loud theatres, coasters traveling overhead, lights and noises, and waiting in lines, to mention just a few. At Worlds of Fun, we strive to provide an equal experience for all guests, while providing a variety of options tailored to specific needs. Our staff is eager and ready to assist you.
You can find information on our rides, shows and attractions in advance in the
Things To Do section of this website. The park’s 2015 Guest Assistance Guide is also available for download. The Guide outlines the specifics about each attraction including height requirements and health restrictions. Feel free to contact the Park Operations office in advance at (816)303-5100 with any additional questions.
For a printer-friendly version of the information listed below Click Here.
When you arrive at the park, please proceed to our Guest Relations building located at the main entrances.
- Please have the individual requiring accommodation accompany you to Guest Relations.
- Depending on the needs of your group, a boarding pass may be issued that will allow you to get scheduled ride times on the attractions you would like to participate in.
- At Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun we offer KidTrack, a wristband program, which will assist you and park personnel in reuniting your group should you become separated.
- We also offer Rider Swap. This allows one parent to ride while another parent waits with the child. When the ride is complete, the parents can swap child responsibility at the exit.
- Additionally, if you need to rent a stroller, wheelchair, or locker you can proceed to the Rentals stand located just inside the main gates.
- Please revisit Guest Relations if you need any further additional help with your day.
We also recommend that as an added safety measure you take a photo of members of your party, (especially if you have a member in your party who tends to dart away or wonder off) on your mobile device. This photo can be great assistance to quickly reunite your party if separated.
During your visit:
- Guests who wear headphones of any type will not be able to wear them while riding our attractions. We have disposable ear protection you can pick up at Guest Relations.
- If you’re separated during your visit please contact any park employee for assistance.
- Please remember for the safety of our guests, any guest who appears hysterical or too frightened to ride will not be allowed to ride at that time. That decision will be made by the ride attendant at each attraction.
- Ride delays may occur while riding and members of your party may be required to sit calmly until the ride is restarted or guests are escorted off the ride.
- Please be aware if an evacuation of an attraction is required, guests may need to maneuver along catwalks from the highest point of the ride and down steeply inclined steps.
- If you have any doubts whatsoever about an attraction’s appropriateness for the individual with ASD, please have someone in your party ride first to make an informed determination.
Worlds of Fun offers our guests several restful locations that your party can access during the day. The park has a first aid station located near the main entrance for Worlds of Fun, a second first aid station located adjacent to Surf City Wave Pool in Oceans of Fun and a Family Care Center located in Planet Snoopy. Additionally, air conditioned restaurants provide a nice break from sensory stimulation.
Worlds of Fun is a wonderful destination for families and friends to visit. Our goal is to make your experience both smooth and full of family fun. Please let us know if you have any further questions by calling our Park Operations Office at 816-303-5100, or by talking to a member of Guest Relations at the park.