No trip to Worlds of Fun is complete without enjoying a funnel cake. Its sugary, melt-in-your-mouth crispness makes it the queen of desserts. Since it has been a while since you’ve indulged in this legendary treat, we’ve asked our executive chef Wesley Boston to share a recipe you can make at home.
Amusement Park Funnel Cake Recipe
- Eggs 1
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- All-Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Powder Sugar to the taste
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 2 cups - This can be any oil available. Canola or vegetable works best but any will do.
- Whisk egg, milk and baking powder together until smooth
- Add flour and sugar slowly and mix making sure there are no clumps
- Place batter into a pitcher with a pour spout
- Pace oil into a small saucepot. It is important that the oil does not fill the pot more than halfway.
- Set to medium heat and allow to heat to 350°. It will take roughly 5 minutes to reach temperature.
- Have a plate lined with a paper towel set to the side.
- Pour batter into the hot oil making a circle around first and then zig-zags throughout.
- Do not touch for 1 minute
- Using a spatula or tongs flip over
- Cook 1 more minute
- Remove from the oil and place onto the plate
- Dust with powdered sugar
You can also get creative with toppings, including caramel and strawberries. Put the “fun” in funnel cake at home, and be sure to share your creations on social media by tagging Worlds of Fun.
We hope to welcome you back into the park for a delicious funnel cake at Norma’s soon, but until then, have fun and be safe.