Worlds of Fun announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
A Message from Tony Carovillano, Worlds of Fun, Vice President and General Manager
August 4, 2020 Update
We are so pleased to be able to welcome guests back to the park this year, despite all the challenges that have come with 2020. It has been a truly unique season, and I want to thank our guests and ambassadors for making Worlds of Fun a safe and joyful place to visit. We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation with the park’s new health and safety measures. We are getting through this together.
Regarding the remainder of 2020, we have some updates we’d like to share:
- Worlds of Fun will close for the season following Labor Day Weekend. Our final day of operation this year will be Monday, September 7; and
- Oceans of Fun waterpark will unfortunately remain closed for the remainder of the season.
To show our commitment and appreciation to our valued Season Passholders, we previously announced that we have extended the validity of 2020 passes and add-on products through 2021.
We look forward to a great 2021 and can’t wait to show you a host of new ways to have fun, including the new Riptide Raceway, the longest mat racing waterslide in the world. Riptide Raceway will take guests five stories high before they speed down four side-by-side tunnels atop a soft foam mat. Riders will race to be the first to reach the finish line as they make an exhilarating journey down a winding hillside, around a tight 360-degree loop and through a rapid final descent before splashdown. This amazing ride debuts at the Oceans of Fun waterpark next year and joins a full lineup of rides, attractions, events and entertainment for the entire family. The 2021 Season Pass goes on sale beginning September 8, 2020.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this challenging time. We all look forward to having fun safely for the rest of 2020 and beyond. There are many days left for summer fun, and we hope to see you in the park soon.
General Frequently Asked Questions
May I get a refund on my park admission ticket?
All single-day tickets for 2020 will be valid for any regular operating day through Labor Day, September 6, 2021.
If you have a Group Sales specific day admission ticket that cannot be rescheduled, we will refund the specific day admission ticket amount.
The above policy also applies to specific day Fast Lane Pass purchases, as well as specific day non-admission purchases and any specific day VIP Experience purchases.
Will 2020 single day tickets be good for 2021?
All single day tickets for 2020 will be valid for any regular operating day through Labor Day, September 6, 2021.
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.
Season Pass and Pre-K Pass Frequently Asked Questions
How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable)?
2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) are Valid Through the 2021 Season
- 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) are valid for the remainder of 2020 through September 7. Additionally, 2020 Pre-K, Silver, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type.
What do I need to do to get my season pass extended?
Your payments must be in good standing for the Season Pass to be extended through 2021.
No other action is required from you.
Do I qualify for the 2021 extension if I bought after 4/14/20?
Yes – all 2020 Season Passholders who are in good standing will have their Season Pass and Season Pass Add-ons (if applicable) extended into 2021, regardless of when the purchase was made.
What does “according to your pass type” mean?
- The benefits and entitlements will be the same in 2021 as they are in 2020. For example, if you have a 2020 Silver Pass, you will have a Silver Pass in 2021, and if you have a 2020 Gold Pass, you will have a Gold Pass in 2021.
- 2020 Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through the 2021 Season.
When does my Season Pass account need to be in good standing in order to qualify for the 2021 extension offer?
- All payments must be current by 12/31/20 in order for your pass to be extended through 2021.
- If billing continues into 2021, payments must continue to be current for all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-ons to remain active in 2021.
- Payments must also be current to use your pass for 2020 visits.
- If any attempted payment fails, all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-Ons on that order will be deactivated until the payment is made in the online Payment Portal.
When does my 2020 Season Pass Expire?
All 2020 Season Passes and purchased Season Pass Add-ons will be valid for the remainder of the 2020 season, plus the entire 2021 Season.
How can I upgrade my 2020 Season Pass?
Season Pass upgrades can be done at the park and while 2020 season passes are on sale. If a Season Pass is upgraded, the upgraded pass type will be extended into the 2021 season.
Can I still purchase 2020 Add-Ons?
Yes – you can purchase any 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons on the park’s website, and they will also be extended into the 2021 season as long as your account is in good standing.
What will happen if I signed up for the Auto-Renewal program online when I purchased my Season Pass?
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season. Your 2020 Season Pass will not auto-renew to a 2021 Season Pass this September because your 2020 Season Pass and Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 Season. No action is required of you at this time.
Is my 2020 Pre-K Pass being extended through 2021?
Yes, all 2020 Pre-K passes that have been registered or activated in 2020 will automatically be extended through the 2021 season.
If you purchased Season Pass Add-ons for your 2020 Pre-K Pass, the purchased Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 season.
Will children who would have aged out of the Pre-K Pass program in 2021 be allowed to extend their pass benefits for one more season?
All 2020 Pre-K Passes that have been registered or activated in 2020 will be automatically extended through the 2021 season.
When will my Easy Pay payments resume?
Monthly Easy Pay payments resumed on 6/22/2020. Now that billing has resumed, you will be billed the normal monthly amount for however many months remain to finish paying your full balance due.
Payments will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
As long as you remain current on attempted payments, your Season Pass and associated Season Pass Add-Ons will remain active.
If you’d prefer to make a single catch-up payment, you can log into the Payment Portal and select “Make a Payment” in the portal to pay all the payments that have been missed. Or, you can pay the full balance at any time.