Worlds of Fun announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
Waterpark Information and Guidelines
We look forward to your visit to Oceans of Fun! Oceans of Fun is Worlds of Fun’s premier waterpark and is included with all park tickets and Season Passes. Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. This page will provide you with relevant information to make the most of your day at Oceans of Fun.
If you have any additional questions regarding your visit to Oceans of Fun, we would love to help! Please contact a park representative.
We look forward to seeing you at Oceans of Fun!
To participate in water park attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs and transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing bathing attire with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to ride Aruba Tuba, Captain Kidd’s Slides, Coconut Cove Body Slides, Constrictor, Crocodile Isle, Diamond Head, Paradise Slides, Predator’s Plunge, Shark’s Revenge, or Typhoon.
- Guests requiring special accommodation should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- Standard footwear is not permitted on Oceans of Fun attractions. Aqua socks and aquatic style footwear are permitted on Aruba Tuba, Constrictor, Hurricane Falls, Shark’s Revenge, Surf City Wave Pool, Caribbean Cooler, Castaway Cove, Coconut Cove, and Buccaneer Bay including the Swan Boats.
- All guests who require a diaper are required to wear a swim diaper or a diaper specifically designed for aquatic use.
- When exiting Oceans of Fun, shirts, shorts, and shoes are required.
If you do not have appropriate bathing attire, swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at Bender’s Surf Shop.
Oceans of Fun Rules
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
- Attractions may have specific safety requirements, which may include height and weight. Please refer to the Safety Guide sign posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Oceans of Fun.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted at any attraction.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area, which is located near the main gate.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Secure all loose articles, including hats, glasses, and jewelry when riding. Cameras, cell phones and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted at any water attraction.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
- According to crowd size, wait time at water attractions and access to Oceans of Fun may be limited.to crowd size, wait time at water attractions and access to Oceans of Fun may be limited.
Our Aquatics staff is here to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. First aid staff and water park supervisors are available throughout the area should you have any questions or need assistance. Please follow all lifeguard rules and instructions, but do not talk to or distract lifeguards while they are on duty.
As part of our continued dedication to provide a safe and enjoyable water park experience for our guests, Oceans of Fun routinely utilizes training exercises to test and develop our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water mannequins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Oceans of Fun provides a full day of fun in the sun! To make the most of your day, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to avoid heat related illness. Drinking fountains are located near each restroom. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day. If you happen to forget your sunscreen, Bender’s Surf Shop and various merchandise locations throughout the Park have a variety of sunscreens and sundries available for purchase.
Life jackets are available for use throughout Oceans of Fun. Life jackets are complimentary and are available to any guest wishing to use one. Children, first-time swimmers, and weaker swimmers are encouraged to wear a life jacket. Life jackets are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require guests below a specific height to wear a life jacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of life jackets as needed. For specific attraction requirements, please see our Guest Assistance Guide, available at Guest Services. Guests are permitted to wear their own life jacket; however it must be Coast Guard certified.
The First Aid Station is located on the left side of the Surf City Wave Pool near Beach Bites. If you need any assistance during your visit, do not hesitate to stop by the First Aid Station, or notify the nearest lifeguard. Our team would be glad to assist.
Upon arriving, we recommend selecting a meeting place such as Guest Relations, in the event you or your child becomes lost or separated from your party. In the unlikely event that your child becomes separated, please alert an associate. Public address pages cannot be broadcast inside Oceans of Fun.
Lost & Found
If you happen to lose an item or leave an item behind while visiting, please drop by Guest Services during regular operating hours.
No longer at the park? Go to our Lost & Found page to report your lost item.
Oceans of Fun is committed to providing all of our guests with an enjoyable visit. Guests with disabilities are encouraged to visit our Guests with Disabilites page for detailed information on the requirements of each attraction, along with the programs that Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun offer.
A water wheelchair is available for guests requiring additional assistance when at Surf City Wave Pool or Coconut Cove. Pool lifts are available at Caribbean Cooler, Castaway Cove, Coconut Cove, and the Village Pool. During your visit, please speak to a member of our Aquatics management team to obtain access to the water wheelchair and for further accessibility information.
For your convenience, lockers are located next to Bender’s Surf Shop. Various locker sizes are available for all of your personal belongings. Locker rentals are automated and can be paid using debit/credit cards. The lockers work with electronic pin codes and will allow unlimited access throughout the day. Locker access is available until both Oceans of Fun and Worlds of Fun are closed for the evening. Worlds of Fun cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own pool side cabana. A limited number of exclusive cabanas are available each day. For more information and to reserve your cabana, please visit our Cabana page.
Inner Tubes and Tube Rental
Inner tubes are available free of charge at each attraction that requires a tube in order to ride. Inner tubes must remain at the attraction after riding. These attractions include Aruba Tube, Constrictor, and Shark’s Revenge.
Complimentary inner tubes are located next to the entrance to Caribbean Cooler and next to Beach Bites near Surf City Wave Pool. The complimentary inner tubes can be used at Aruba Tuba, Caribbean Cooler, and Surf City Wave Pool.
Cabana Rentals include complimentary inner tubes for use at Surf City Wave Pool, Caribbean Cooler, and Aruba Tuba.