You spoke. We listened.
In addition to the all-new Cotton Blossom BBQ restaurant and the variety of new dining locations coming this season, our culinary team will be introducing several healthier menu items throughout the park. From health-conscious guests to vegans and vegetarians, we’ve added more delicious options to fit almost any dietary need.
Health-Conscious and Lighter Dining Options
Funnel cake, ice cream, BBQ, burgers and brats – as delicious as these traditional amusement parks foods are, sometimes you need healthier options. Here’s a quick guide to some of the less caloric menu items in the park, including Oceans of Fun.
- Salads – Available in Cotton Blossom BBQ, Gold Rush Pizza, Just Pizza and Turkey Legs, Paradise Pizza and Subway.
- Burrito Bowls – Available in Prospectors Burritos (pick your ingredients)
- Veggie Burgers – Available in Coasters and G’Rilla Grill
- Fresh Veggies – Available in Cotton Blossom BBQ (kale salad, roasted brussels sprouts)
- Grilled Chicken – Available in Coasters, G’Rilla Grill and Calypso Café
- Fresh Fruit – Available in G’Rilla Grill, Cotton Blossom BBQ, Gold Rush Pizza, Prospectors Burritos, Beach Bites, Just Pizza and Turkey Legs, Oasis, Mummy’s Yummys and Coca-Cola Marketplace.
- Parfaits – Available in Cotton Blossom BBQ
Gluten-Free Dining at Worlds of Fun
This year we’re introducing a gluten-free bun substitute for burgers, chicken sandwiches and hotdogs. These options are available at the following locations: G’Rilla Grill, Coasters, Calypso Café and Beach Bites (hotdog).
Battle Creek BBQ will now be Prospector’s Burritos and Cantina, and this “build your own burrito, nachos and burrito bowl” location will feature an entirely gluten-free menu. Additional gluten-free items can be found throughout the park, including many listed under the “Health-Conscious and Lighter Dining Options” section above.
We will also be offering a gluten-free beer, Martin City Brewing’s Yoga Pants.
Vegetarian Dining Options at Worlds of Fun
Our culinary team worked very hard in selecting a new vegetarian burger, and we finally landed on a delicious patty made from a blend of mushrooms, onions, brown rice, rolled oats, parsley and a hint of garlic. Veggie burgers are available at Coasters and G’Rilla Grill.
Cotton Blossom BBQ’s menu will feature a host of vegetarian options, including gourmet mac & cheese, baked beans, corn, coleslaw, fries, parfaits, brussels sprouts, fresh fruit, fresh cookies and edible cookie dough. Other vegetarian options include caesar salads, offered at Gold Rush Pizza, Just Pizza and Turkey Legs, Paradise Pizza and Subway.
Vegan Dining Options at Worlds of Fun
For those living the vegan lifestyle, you’ll find notable options at the following dining locations:
- Auntie Anne’s – Classic pretzel, cinnamon nuggets, cinnamon pretzel
- Cotton Blossom BBQ – Fresh fruit
- Big Jacks and Coca Cola Marketplace – Kettle corn and cotton candy
- Cinnabon – Select items can be made vegan
- Prospectors Burritos and Cantina – Burrito bowls
When you’re looking for specific dining options, nearby locations or certain menu items during your visit, be sure to download our free mobile app. You’ll find descriptions and wayfinding directions to all dining locations. Plus, vegetarian and gluten-free options are marked with icons.
All new menu items and dining locations, including lighter and diet-specific options, were based on the feedback from our guests. We hope you find this guide to healthy dining options helpful. Happy eating!