Worlds of Fun announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
No two rides are ever the same on the Spinning Dragons! With cars that freely rotate along the ride’s track, riders will face a different way every single time. This ride, released in 2004, was built following the retirement of the beloved Orient Express. A mark of the Orient Express is left through its light fixtures which remain near the queue line of the Spinning Dragons. The Spinning Dragons roller coaster is a perfect ride for the whole family, reaching a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour but still providing a perfect amount of thrill.
Height Requirement: 48" or 43" accompanied by a supervising companion
The ride begins with a quick 54 foot climb up the lift hill followed by a small drop. Riders glide through turns and small drops throughout the duration of the ride, all while SPINNING of course! The amount of spin riders experience depends on the distribution of weight inside of the cart. That is why no two rides are ever the same! Some may spin around dozens of times, while others only spin a few times! Play around with the seating arrangement to find the perfect layout for your spinning desires.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- Four seat roller coaster cars that traverse a steel track while rotating freely 360 degrees.
- Maximum weight - 660 lb. per car.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to support weight against the restraint under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.