RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Since its debut in 1989, Timber Wolf has cast an imposing shadow on the surrounding woods as Worlds of Fun's first wooden roller coaster. Timber Wolf opened as the top wooden coaster in the world and then received accolades as a top wooden coaster for over 8 consecutive years.
Now, our original wooden coaster has received a new finale! We replaced the helix with a high-speed over banked 70-degree turn. This thrilling final corner turns riders nearly sideways!
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
This twisted ending has been three-years in the making. In 2015, Worlds of Fun reengineered the track from the top of the first lift to the first bank. Then in 2016, work continued up to the beginning of the helix.
Tony Carovillano, General Manager said, “The Timber Wolf has been a park staple for 29 years. Over the past three years guests have felt the difference that re-tracking and re-engineering has made in the ride’s overall experience. We know that the new twist at the end of this classic coaster will give guests a whole new reason to ride."
Timber Wolf by the numbers: Timber Wolf opened in 1989 and climbs 100’ high. This classic coaster is in the Americana section of Worlds of Fun. Guests need to be 48” tall to ride. Timber Wolf features two trains of 6 cars arranged 2 across and in two rows per car. How many ride at once? Easy – 24 riders per train. This new featured element is designed and constructed by Great Coasters International.
Gold and Platinum passholders were the first to ride at our #GoldPass Sneak Peek in late spring 2018.
Rider Safety Information
- A high speed wooden roller coaster with air time hills and banked turns.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- A wheelchair lift is available in the exit to transport guests to the ride platform. Please use the call button at the base of the lift to request assistance.