Welcome to the tallest and most iconic roller coaster at Worlds of Fun! The MAMBA® was introduced to the park in 1998, and at the time of its debut it was one of the tallest and fastest in the entire world! The release of the MAMBA® placed Worlds of Fun in an elite class of roller coaster parks. The duration of the ride produces a stunning view of the entire park, and even downtown Kansas City.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
The MAMBA® begins by slithering 205 feet up the first hill, and follows with a gravity-defying drop of up to 75 miles per hour. This drop then immediately rolls into a second smaller hill of 184 feet which will have you floating in your seat! Next is the spiral helix which soars under support beams for the ride which seem uncomfortably close, but are in fact out of reach. The MAMBA® then concludes with a series of camel back hills running alongside the two initial hills.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A 205 foot tall high speed steel roller coaster. With two large drops, several air time hills and an intense helix, this coaster gives riders the experience of strong accelerations and weightlessness.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride. Full leg casts must fit safely in the ride unit.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.