Leave your fear of heights at the gate and grab a seat on SteelHawk, Worlds of Fun’s tallest attraction. Soaring 301 feet in the air in a suspended seat with no floor below your feet, experience the exhilaration of being among the clouds. Feel the breeze in your face as SteelHawk rotates and spreads its wings at a 45-degree angle. Catch amazing views of the Kansas City skyline and surrounding areas while spinning at a rate of 8 rotations per minute.
At night, marvel in the lights of the city, and of the ride! SteelHawk illuminates the sky nightly with a dynamic rainbow of colors.
Height Requirement: 52” minimum
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Suspended gondolas with two seats ascend nearly 301 feet in the air while rotating around the tower, causing the gondolas to swing out to a 45 degree angle before lowering to the ground.
- Maximum weight - 304 lb. per gondola
- An individual lap bar and a between-the-leg safety belt secures each rider.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Guests must have a minimum of one full functioning leg (excluding prosthesis) and one leg amputated below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride. Full arm casts must fit safely in the ride unit.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into a suspended seat.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting as the ride unit may shift.
- Do not use the ride restraints for support as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.