It's the Great Pumpkin Fest at Worlds of Fun
The Great Pumpkin Fest at Worlds of Fun is a non-spooky, family-friendly event held during the day on Saturdays and Sundays from September 14 through October 27. The fall festivities run from around noon to 5 p.m.
This PEANUTS themed fall festival event is filled with all the experiences of the season and is always included with park admission.
Here’s what you need to know to put the “WEEE” in Halloween this year at Worlds of Fun.
The Festive Fall Family Fun
The Great Pumpkin Fest is held inside Planet Snoopy, one of the largest kid’s areas in the country with over 21 PEANUTS themed attractions. Inside, you’ll find festive décor, specially themed activities and live shows featuring Charlie Brown, Snoopy and all your favorites from the PEANUTS Gang. Here’s a preview of the fall family fun…
- The little ones are encouraged to take their Halloween costumes out for an early spin during The Great Pumpkin Fest. Each day at 3 p.m., Snoopy will host his Count Snoopytacula’s Costume Contest for our young ghouls, goblins, superheroes and princesses inside Peanuts Showplace. Contest is for ages 11 and under.
- Linus’ Labyrinth is a haybale maze/corn maze/pumpkin patch perfect for all ages. As you weave through the twisting paths, dodging some dead ends, you’ll make your way inside our Great Pumpkin Patch. Kids 12 and under can choose their own mini gourd to take home as a free souvenir.
- Kids can also feed their sweet tooth by trick-or-treating inside Linus’ Labyrinth.
- From noon to 6:00 p.m., be sure to stop by our new petting zoo experience, Pigpen’s Petting Farm. Make fuzzy new friends and learn all about our sweet animal friends, including bunnies, baby goats, llamas and more.
- Come wiggle and dance along inside Peanuts Showplace during Sally’s Dance Spooktacular. With an all-new show, Sally and her beloved friends will have you moving and grooving to favorite Halloween tunes. Showtimes occur hourly between and 5:00 p.m.
- Coloring and arts and crafts are also available inside Peanuts Showplace throughout the event.
Other family activities outside The Great Pumpkin Fest include the all-new Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater walk-through, the Skeleton Crew Show and Haunted Homecoming show. For directions, locations, showtimes and details during your visit, download Worlds of Fun’s free mobile app.
Tips for Parents Visiting The Great Pumpkin Fest
The entire park will be in the season’s spirit with Halloween and fall décor as far as the eye can see. We keep it G-rated during the day, but for those who frighten easily, be sure to head towards the exit before the start of our PG-13 Halloween Haunt event that kicks off around 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Parents are welcome to park in the Oceans of Fun parking lot for an easy, scare-free exit. Please note, Planet Snoopy is not open Friday nights and closes at 6 p.m. on Saturday nights.
For families who may want to check out Halloween Haunt but want to limit the scares, a No Boo lanyard is available for purchase, and while wearing one, our Screamsters won’t scare you in the midways. Please note, these do not work inside haunted attractions. Halloween Haunt features over 400 monsters and 13 extreme haunted attractions. Please use discretion.
A Family Care Center is available in Planet Snoopy during The Great Pumpkin Fest. The facility also has a sensory-free room for those that may need it.
Buy Tickets to The Great Pumpkin Fest
Those seeking the best value should seriously consider a 2020 Gold Season Pass. They are now on sale at the lowest price and include parking and unlimited visits for the remainder of the 2019 season (including The Great Pumpkin Fest and WinterFest) and the entire 2020 season, which includes Oceans of Fun, Grand Carnivale and our fall and winter events. This is a limited time offer, and best of all – a 2020 Gold Season Pass pays for itself in less than two visits.
Worlds of Fun also offers a free Pre-K Pass, which includes unlimited visits for children ages 3-5. Parents will need to register their child online before visiting, then bring their child to the park with proof of age (copy of birth certificate or passport) to activate and receive the Pre-K Pass.
The best price on Worlds of Fun tickets can always be found online. This method is cheaper than buying at the gate. We have a variety of ticket specials and packages available to fit your family’s budget and plans. Tickets during the Great Pumpkin Fest can be purchased for as low as $29.99 on select days.
The Great Pumpkin Fest is basically like a fall festival for families but with worlds of fun! Be sure to check out the event with your family on Saturdays and Sundays from September 14 through October 27.