The RipCord is a Skycoaster attraction that features a 189-foot tethered free-fall. Guests wear a full body harness that supports the flyer in a prone position. The scale of flight is so dramatic that flyers accelerate to 60 - 80 miles per hour and achieve the sensation of hang-gliding.
- This is an added-fee attraction, flight reservations are made daily on a first-come, first-serve basis. (Season passholders receive a 10% discount on most fares)
- Dramatic free-fall and hang-gliding sensation
- 1, 2, or 3 person flights are available
- Opened in 1996
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
Rider Safety Information
- A high-thrill Skycoaster® attraction made to simulate flight. Riders are hoisted 189 feet into the air. They control their own ride experience by pulling the ripcord, initiating their tethered freefall descent and flight. The sensation of flight as riders fall is similar to skydiving and hang gliding, with riders reaching speeds up to 80 miles per hour.
- Maximum weight - 850 lb. per flight.
- A full body harness which supports flyers in the prone position and is secured to flight support cables during the flight.
- Guests are required to have a minimum of one functioning leg and by reason of the restraint system inherent in the flight suit, it is necessary that the rider possesses two arms sufficient for proper functioning of the flight suit be maintained. Lower extremities must be of sufficient enough length to be contained and restrained by a leg strap. Proper functioning of the flight suit must be maintained for riders without appropriate center of gravity.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is mainstreamed via the ride entrance. Riders must be able to stand on their own or with the assistance of a companion for short periods of time (potentially on a moving platform) in order to properly fit them with a flight suit and to secure them to the flight cables before the flight.
- NOTE: This is an extra charge attraction. $