Experience the thrill of lift off when the Detonator blasts! The Detonator came to Worlds of Fun as the first of its kind in the US in 1996. Since then, riders have rocketed towards the sky on this two-towered thrill. Featuring a giant American flag at the top, no visit to the Americana section of the park is complete without a ride on this adrenaline-inducing staple of the park. Must be 48" or taller to ride.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
The two 12 passenger towers hurl riders 150 feet into the air at 45 mph. The feeling of 4.5 g’s is created with compressed air that launches all on board to new heights. Once at the top, experience brief weightlessness before slowly returning to land.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A tower ride with a chair lift-type seat where riders are propelled up at high speeds. Riders will experience the feeling of weightlessness and elevation change as they ascend and descend each ride tower.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have at least one functioning arm and sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride restraint system adequately restrains them. Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.